Frequently asked questions
Experienced CPCS Crane Appointed Person qualification. Must be able to prepare all lift plans, risk assessments and supervise lifting and rigging operations. Competitive rates paid.
Main duties include accountability for the following:
- Significant experience within the machinery & moving industry.
- Proven track record of working in an appointed person role within a well-established machinery & moving organisation, overseeing the full life cycle of estimating, planning and delivering projects.
- Responsible for the supervision and management of the lifting team including delivering briefings, and toolbox talks.
- Responsible for delegating other duties, although not the responsibility, to other persons such as the crane or lifting operations supervisor.
- Seek, analyse, calculate and specify a procedure and detail the method of executing a lifting operation or operations, whilst conforming to both good practice and regulatory requirements (lift plan).
- Production of risk assessments for the operation, a method statement outlining how the risks should be controlled, identification of personnel required, the technical data relating to the lifting equipment, loads, accessories and working area, the sequence of operations and actions to be taken in an emergency or where alternative arrangements need to be made.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 2-5 years relevant Appointed Person experience working with mobile cranes and tower cranes.
- CPCS Appointed Person (A61)
- Slinger Signaller AP(40)
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- IPAF (3a & 3b)
- Full Clean UK Driving License